Melted Peppermint Candy Ornmanents
What better way to spend the holidays then to do fun crafts with family & friends. Our melted peppermint candy ornaments are super easy to do with kids of all ages, and the results are beautiful ornaments that are simply adorable.
Here's what you will need for this craft:
🔹Silicone Candy Molds
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Place the silicone candy molds on a baking sheet.
3. Arrange the peppermint candies in the silicone molds, making sure that you cover most of the open space without laying the candy.
4. Place the baking sheet with the molds in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Keep an eye on them and remove once the candy has fully melted. Make sure the candy doesn't bubble!
5. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 2 minutes.
6. Dip the wooden skewer in oil and create hole at the top of the candy. This will be the hole that the ribbon will thread through, so ensure it is big enough.
7. Wait 10 minutes before you gently pop the candy ornaments from the mold. Don't wait more than 1 minutes or the candy will get too cold (and break!!!).
8. Add a 7-9 inch ribbon through the hold and tie the ends.
9. Admire your home-made peppermint candy ornament by placing it on the tree 🎄