Stop, Drop & Blog
Stop, Drop & Blog
There are two things in life that are highly underrated: baths and naps. Both are great at de-stressing the body and make you feel amazing. We get a lot of feedback from tweens that they LOVE Lush's bath bomb selection and want to learn how to make these fizzy gems themselves. You asked and we answered! Now, people of all ages have a reason to take that extra 15 minutes to soak in the tub.
These fun cotton candy swirl bath bomb cupcakes were relatively easy to make. The trick is to not add any liquids too fast to the dry mix because it will fizz up like Alka-Seltzer. Patience is key! You can get as creative as you want with the colors. We chose to go with pastels to get that cotton candy vibe.
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid (Usually found in the canning section. No luck? Try the spice section where it is labeled as "sour salt")
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup Epsom salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Essential oils (optional)
a cup of water
Silicone cupcake liners (or a cupcake pan)
1. Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
2. ------> VERY SLOWLY <------ add the coconut oil to the dry mixture. Make sure you whisk it immediately.
3. Separate out the mixture into bowls. Each bowl will have a different color and/or scent. We choose 4 different colors, as well as a vanilla essential oil.
4. Mix in your essential oils (optional) and food coloring to each bowl. Usually 1-2 drops is sufficient.
5. We want the texture of the mix to mimic wet sand. It shouldn't be too dry or too wet. To achieve this, mix in 1-2 drops of water in each bowl. Mix it in very quickly. We don't want to be having a fizz party up in here!
6. Line silicone liners or a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Scoop in the colors as desired to achieve multicolored layers.
7. Pack down the mixture and allow the cupcakes to dry for about 24-48 hours.
7. Make this cupcake look pretty enough to eat with the final touch of sprinkles on top!